Over 50 people enrolled in 2 days!
THE CLASSES ARE COMPLETELY FULL! And there is a long waiting list for next Semester/Year…
I do keep your contacts and put you on the list (so feel free to send me an e-mail anyway: email@example.com), and I will send you all the lists soon!
Vera Peixoto grew up in Porto, Portugal, where she did her undergraduate studies in English and German and completed her MA in Iberian Studies, at the Faculty of Humanities, Porto University.
She lived and studied in Germany (Hannover and Osnabruek) for 2 years and worked in the Netherlands for 5, as a representative of the Camões Institute at Utrecht University.
She is now the director of TSU Camões – Portuguese Language Center, in Tbilisi. She will also be teaching the language courses provided by the Center.
Her academic interests include Renaissance and Early Modern Period literature, Life Writing and Hagiography, Cinema, Post-Colonial and Gender Studies.
She is currently doing her PhD on 20th Century Portuguese Literature at Utrecht University.
The TSU Camões – Portuguese Language Centre will open a Level 1 language course in September 2013.
TSU building 2, room 203 (TSU Camões – Portuguese Language Centre)
1st Semester (24th September to 9th January)
Weekly meetings: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6.30 p.m. to 8.30 p.m.
24 classes + Final exam
HOW TO ENROLL?
Send an e-mail to Vera Peixoto: firstname.lastname@example.org, stating you are interested in taking part, until September 20th. (Please bring your Student ID card on the first lesson).
- It’s FREE of charge
- A2 Certificate at the end of the Semester
- Open to all TSU students and employees
- Up to 15 students per class (if the number of students demands it, another class will open on Wednesdays and Fridays)
- No need to purchase a book
- Both European and Brazilian Portuguese will be taught and discussed in class
- The working language will be English
- The course will be taught by Vera Peixoto (MA in Iberian Cultures from the University of Porto, PT; Portuguese language and literature teacher at Utrecht University, NL from 2008 to 2013; director of the Portuguese Language Centre at TSU)
- For more details and updates, please visit our blog and like our facebook page: portugueseattsu.wordpress.com || facebook.com/portugueseattsu
|1st week (24 & 26.09)
|| Greeting; personal data (professions, numbers, countries & cities, etc.)
|2nd week (1 & 3.10)
|3rd week (8 & 10.10)
|| Places; descriptions (facilities, home, furniture, school, etc.)
17.10 – small test
|4th week (15 & 17.10)
|5th week (22 & 24.10)
|| Telling the time (hours, days of the week); daily routine; food and drinks
|6th week (29 & 31.10)
|7th week (5 & 7.11)
|| Hobbies; means of transportation; invitations; talking on the phone; writing a letter
14.11 – small test
|8th week (12 & 14.11)
|9th week (19 & 21.11)
|| Months and seasons; weather; clothes; colours; holidays
|10th week (26 & 28.11)
|11th week (3 & 5.12)
|| Shopping; going to the doctor; family; physical and psychological descriptions
|12th week (10 & 12.12)
|| Final exam
|| Final meeting to discuss the exams and receive the certificates