As you might already know, on the 5th May the Community of Portuguese Speaking Countries celebrates the Day of the Portuguese Language.
Portuguese at TSU has organized a special evening for all of us to commemorate the date together.
18:00 – FILM SCREENING at Tbilisi State University
Building I, room 101
“Aquele querido mês de Agosto/Our beloved month of August” [Miguel Gomes, 2008]
Portuguese with English subtitles + Introduction in English.
20:30 – PORTUGUESE EVENING at ზოესთან – Zoestan
We will all roam to Zoestan after the film for an informal gathering, where we will share Portuguese poetry [& English translations], Portuguese music, drinks & even Portuguese food
Entrance is free and everyone is welcome. Hope to see you there!
The events are promoted and supported by:
• Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Georgia
• Camões – Instituto da Cooperação e da Língua, IP (Camões Institute), Portugal
• Instituto da Cultura Ibero-Atlântica (Institute for Ibero-Atlantic Culture), Portugal
• Academia de Música de Lagos (Lagos Academy of Music), Portugal
• Direção Regional da Cultura do Algarve / Secretaria de Estado da Cultura (Regional Direction for Culture in the Algarve / Cultural Secretary of State), Portugal
For more details and updates, please visit regularly our facebook page: facebook.com/portugueseattsu
or contact: Vera.Peixoto@tsu.ge
[Illustration by Gonçalo Viana]